Breastfeeding provides essential nutrition for infants birth to one year and older. As with learning anything new, most breastfeeding mothers and babies (and dads too!) need some instruction and support during this learning period.
That's where we come in!
Eden Park has a high number of breastfeeding families. We will do our best to help you meet your breastfeeding goals. Any breastmilk you feed your infant is a gift of health for your child that lasts their lifetime.
We respect each family's feeding decisions. We do encourage moms to breastfeed exclusively or give only breastmilk for the first four months then continue to breastfeed and give solid foods until your baby is a year old.
We have International Board Certified Lactation Consultants in the office five days a week, the only office in the region offering this service. Our Lactation Consultants have years of experience working with breastfeeding families. We love babies and enjoy helping families learn how to breastfeed! We will help you as little or as much as you need. We provide in-office feeding evaluations for hands-on help as well as phone support for any questions you may have along your breastfeeding journey.
Some areas we can provide guidance include:
- Positioning your baby at the breast
- Caring for your breasts and nipples
- Assessing milk transfer
- Assuring adequate nutrition
- Assembling and using a breast pump, including sizing for the right size flange
- Storing milk
- Returning to work/school while breastfeeding
- Traveling and breastfeeding
- Training a breastfeeding baby to a bottle
- Teething while breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding premature babies
- Managing slow weight gain babies
- Breastfeeding twins
- Breastfeeding babies with special medical needs such as cleft palate, Down Syndrome, and heart conditions
- Managing medications, medical tests or surgery while breastfeeding
We maintain an extensive library
of current, evidence based breast feeding articles with answers to frequently asked questions to help with common concerns.
Click here to view our extensive Breastfeeding Library.