Thank you for choosing Eden Park Pediatric Associates as your child's medical home, where we always provide a comfortable, caring environment so our patients and their families can feel at ease. We've included helpful items on this page to ensure you and your child's first trip to our office is productive, stress-free and enjoyable.
To understand what to expect for your child's first visit to our practice, please read through this page.
To provide excellent pediatric care and service; to maintain an exceptional willingness to address patients' and families' concerns in a professional environment. A practice where physicians and staff demonstrate personal integrity, mutual respect and willingness to do whatever is personally necessary to achieve this shared vision.
What to bring to your first visit?
We work hard to ensure that your child receives prompt medical care in a comfortable, child-friendly office setting. To help expedite the first appointment, we ask that you please bring your child's immunization records and be prepared to complete paperwork regarding your family medical history, your child's medical history, and insurance information.
We are also happy to offer you the option to download, print and complete our office forms to reduce wait times during your first appointment.
- Patient Portal
- Financial Policy
- Transfer In
- Transfer Out
- SCARED Anxiety Survey-Child
- SCARED Anxiety Survey- Adult
- Vanederbilt Parent Follow Up
- Vanderbilt Teacher Follow Up
- Vanderbilt Teacher Initial
- Vanderbil Parent Initial
- CES-DS Depression Scale
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
Please be advised our panels for the following insurance plans are CLOSED:
- UHC Community Plan
- UHC CHIP
- UPMC for You
- UPMC CHIP
What does this mean?
- We are not able to accept any new patients/new siblings with this insurance.
- If your child is a current patient at EPPA with commercial insurance and you choose to enroll your child on any of these plans as either their primary insurance or as secondary insurance to their commercial plan, we will not be able to continue to provide care. You will need to take your child to a different practice.
- If your child is an established patient, and has been enrolled on one of these plans prior to 2017 with EPPA listed as the plan PCP, we will continue to provide care.
We are NOT participating providers with the following plans.
We cannot provide services to your child if your child is covered by these plan (primary or secondary).
- HealthChoices Physical Health Plans
- Aetna Better Health
- AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania
- Gateway Health Plan
We do accept Highmark CHIP.
What to Expect
On the day of your child's first visit to our office, we recommend arriving a few minutes early. This allows extra time for finishing up any registration forms and ensures you have plenty of time to get acquainted with our staff and office. We look forward to meeting you and joining with you to help your child maintain optimal health.